Most hook and loop manufacturers do not offer a high temp or flame retardant adhesive option to pair with their relevant hook and loop materials. Halco is different from other manufacturers in that we offer both our Type 9 Flame Retardant Adhesive Hook and Loop and, we’re pleased to announce, that we’ve also introduced Halco High Temp FR Adhesive Tape. This high performance FR tape can be custom laminated to most of our hook and loop products, including our sew-on flame retardant, heat resistant and high temp materials.
The benefit of offering this second FR adhesive tape option is that it provides proven flame retardant performance and the flexibility to laminate to a range of materials. As an example, maybe you need a special color FR hook or loop with an FR rated adhesive. Or maybe you need a Nomex-like hook and loop product with adhesive. We can do both quickly and easily with Halco High Temp FR Adhesive Tape.
It is an ideal choice for manufacturers of insulative blankets, aerospace custom cabin outfitters and for manufacturers of other products needing a flame resistant, fire retardant hook and loop fastener.
Description and features
Halco’s High Temp FR Adhesive Tape has the following features:
- 5 mil adhesive transfer tape
- Intumescent FR acrylic adhesive for flame and smoke resistance
- Excellent UV and solvent resistance
- Excellent adhesion to metals, foams and plastics
Specifications and Compliance
Halco High Temp FR Adhesive Tape is specifically formulated to meet the regulatory and compliance standards of:
- UL94 v-2
- Federal Aviation Regulation 25.853
Testing confirms that Halco’s High Temp FR Adhesive Tape is a high performance product, particularly when it is paired with a Halco FR or High Temp hook and loop material. Below are some details on its technical performance when paired with Halco High Temp Polyester Loop. All of these results suggest a product with exceptional flame and smoke resistance.
- Adhesion to stainless steel at 72F, 90 degree peel adhesion –> 88 oz/in
- Adhesion to stainless steel at 158F, 90 degree peel adhesion –> 160 oz/in
- 12 second vertical flame test, flame time maximum of 15 seconds –> avg 2.5 seconds
- 12 second vertical flame test, drip flame maximum of 5 seconds –> avg 0 seconds
- 12 second vertical flame test, burn length maximum of 8 inches –> 1.1 inches
**The 12 second vertical flame test was performed in accordance with 14 CFR 25.853(a) at Amdt. 25-116; Appendix F, Part I(a)(1)(ii)
Samples and TEsting
Products made with FR or high temp adhesives and fastening products require a lot of collaboration and testing before being specified. We encourage you to request samples from Halco and work closely with us on your application performance requirements.