We’re always looking forward, thinking of new ways that we can extend our products and services to better serve you with innovative specialty fasteners. But sometimes it’s worthwhile to take a quick look back and just share some of the accomplishments and progress we made in the last year. We genuinely strive to be a company that you really want to do business with!
- New Converting Equipment: In 2022, we added a new rotary press for additional die-cutting capacity and a new steel rule press for smaller jobs and prototypes. This is a significant expansion of our converting capabilities and capacity!
- New Products: Military and defense products were important in 2022, so we added several camouflage colors for our back-to-back hook and loop strap tape.
- New Adhesives: 3M’s 9775WL became an important addition to our adhesive tape portfolio for use with hook and loop fasteners on most substrates. New adhesive options are always being investigated to support the needs and requirements of our customers.
- New Certifications and Awards: In January of 2022, Halco was awarded 3M’s highest designation and become a 3M Preferred Converter. We also earned ISO 13485 status as a medical device component manufacturer for products like wearables.
- New Process Improvements: We added several new sample packs, improved our internal operational processes, developed a new quoting app to better serve our customers, developed new facility maintenance programs, and also opened an additional warehousing facility in Northern California.
A Look Forward into 2023
Here in January, we’re excited to be installing a Cevenini lathe slitter, giving us the capability to custom slit a wide range of adhesive tapes for use with hook and loop materials. This further extends our capabilities and will speed up our service to customers that need an adhesive-based recloseable fastener. We’ll have much more to say about this in the coming months.
In 2023, you’ll also notice significant improvements in how we quote products. There will be new product announcements, upgrades to our website, and more advances in our converting capabilities. Halco will also be expanding the quality & engineering team in view of new industry certifications and ongoing ISO Compliance.
We want you to view us as more than a hook-and-loop materials company. We’re really an engineering partner and a contract manufacturer focused on your fastening needs.